Leduc Regional Hub
Phone 780 739 5482
Consider Volunteering Your Time & TalentsVolunteers are needed for the successful operation of the Hub. Recognizing that everyone has their strengths and talents we welcome volunteers for the following positions:
Offering conversation, coffee and compassion, you will be the frontline worker that meets and greets clients, lends a supportive ear and spends the time to help assess what needs or concerns the client may have. Depending on those needs, you will follow through with the support of the on-sight reference materials available and the LR Hub social worker.
Drawing on your personal talent and strength you will help with varied needs. Some examples would be:
1) Helping with office paperwork, bookkeeping, grant applications.
2) Teaching, helping those needing computer application instruction for resume building, employment applications, tax forms etc.
3) Accompany clients to appointments, helping agencies, shopping.
4) Making coffee, goodies, soup etcetera to distribute.
5) Lead/teach workshops and like-minded groups-sewing, knitting, cooking-wherever there is an interest.
Financial Support and Fund-Raising
An ongoing campaign will be necessary to maintain funding for this community support centre. Volunteer training will be provided at no cost to the participants.